Faculty and staff at Grand Isle School educate each child to his or her fullest potential… mentally, and physically, and emotionally. While we lead students in the direction of self-exploration and discovery, we invite the community to support student growth. We guide students to become productive and functioning members of society so that they will succeed and be the best that they can be.
Faculty and Staff at Grand Isle School envision our school to be a place where:
- a child’s learning environment is accepting, challenging and exciting
- the community is involved
- there is zero tolerance for bullying
- clubs and events (English Fair, SS Fair, etc) are offered to enrich learning
- robotics are used to teach
- critical thinking occurs in classes
- a well balanced meal that students enjoy is served
- Faculty and staff at Grand Isle School believe that…
- Schooling is a collaborative effort between educators, students, parents and/or guardians
- Educators should build up the whole child
- All children should be encouraged and challenged to achieve his or her greatest potential
- Students should be treated like individuals and like children – loved and appreciated with respect and dignity
- Students should accept challenges
- Discipline includes finding the opportunity to be proactive
- Learning should be fun and include hands on activities
- Learning is an ongoing process for everyone – including teachers – learning never stops
Our Alma Mater
Grand Isle High, we sing your praises,
Dear to all our hearts are you.
Though we leave these halls behind us,
We’ll be loyal, we’ll be true.
With our goals up in the sky,
We’ll walk with heads held high!
We will be true until we die,
True to you, to Grand Isle High.